Subject: Re: IIcx fails at boot - Error 79
To: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/28/2000 13:36:47
Matthew Theobalds wrote:

>Yes that worked great! Thanks very much indeed. However... When booting in
>not single user mode as it boots up and cron starts. I get the following
>error:
>
>/dev/ttyE0 No such file or directory.
>
>Of course, creating such a directory does not get rid of the error. At that
>point it boots no further (I went to bed and left it and in the morning it
>was still complaining that it couldn't find ttyE0).
>
>I therefore cannot do anything with it, since it doesn't finish booting and
>doesn't let me login.
>
>Is this a known problem? Do you have any ideas of how to fix it?

Boot single user and create the wscons devices.

    cd /
    mount / -rw
    cd /dev
    ./MAKEDEV all

Is there anyone with a copy of Think C who wants to take a shot at fixing
the Installer to create these devices?  All I've got right now is
CodeWarrior which won't handle the Installer build without a lot of
changes.  Since sysinst didn't make it completely into the 1.5 Release we
really need to get the Installer fixed to handle this.

-bob