Subject: Re: Quadra / 1.5 problem
To: None <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: C.R. Carlson <iowadoc@micron.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/2000 07:55:53
I have had the exact same thing happen when I try to boot running 1.5 on my
Powerbook 170 (8meg RAM, 200 gig HD). All looks fine, all devices load,
until it panics, just after reading PRAM. I sent it in as a pr.
1.4.3 runs just famously on the same machine.
I don't know the first thing about debugging, but maybe one of the gurus
here will have some suggestions.
clarence

>Greetings,
>
>I'm new to NetBSD mac68k, but not to NetBSD ( I run it on a hp300 for
>several years now, back from the days as 1.1 was brand new, recently on
>i386  )
>
>my problem is this: whenever I try to boot a kernel ( booter is as new
>as possible, installer and mkfs too ) it loads properly, finds all my
>devices but when it tries to mount it's root partition it panics with
>panic: cnopen: cn_tab->cn_dev == NODEV
>The disk for NetBSD is on SCSI id 1, has a small MacOS partition, a big
>one for NetBSD and the swap space, it is a 1gig Seagate ( don't think
>that matters... exactly the same model worked for years in my hp300
>under NetBSD... )
>my machine is a Quadra 700, 20MB RAM, 512KB VRAM, sd0 is a 500MB Seagate
>for MacOS only, sd1 is a 1GB Seagate mainly for NetBSD, sd2 is a ZIP (
>can't be the problem, worked on hp300 )
>Everything looks good until the panic, same results with extensions
>turned off, 32bit mode is of course on, virtual memory is off. mkfs and
>installer did their work without complain ( I installed base.tgz,
>etc.tgz and /dev is built )
>
>thanks in advance
>Michael

Clarence Carlson