Subject: having ethernet problems (again)
To: NetBSD mac68k port list <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Nyef <nyef@softhome.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/26/2000 00:12:50
Hello all.

I have an EtherPort IIN in my IIcx, which is running 1.4.2. While the
patch from PR #5301 is apparently in place (ifconfig doesn't lock up the
system), the card doesn't work ("ae0: device timeout").

At first this was merely annoying, but now it's getting Extra Special
Annoying, since I'm trying to do some actual development with this system
(right now my edit-compile-test cycle involves rebooting the system
twice, thanks to needing to ftp between machines from MacOS).

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas for what I could do to try and get
this card working?

All programming can be viewed as an exercise.
Alastair Bridgewater
e-mail: nyef@softhome.net