Subject: Choice of MDA/MTA
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: C.R. Carlson <iowadoc@micron.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/24/2000 13:30:19
Greetings:
This list helped a lot when I had some basic questions about window managers.
Now I have some general questions about email agents.

I have a dial up PPP connection; am the only "user" for my machine, don't
have plans on running servers for others. I just need a simple,
straightforward method for retrieving and sending my email from my ISP.

Have decided I will use Pine for a MUA, (it was the default on my former
ISP and got to like it.) I have been trying to set up Fetchmail and
sendmail to do the rest of the heavy lifting, but have run into some
problems with sendmail config. I am using the info off the NetBSD faq. They
warn you that semdmail can be cranky. (when I try to run the sendmail
routine it tells me "../m4/cf.m4  no such file", even though I can  see it
in front of me. I'll keep troubleshooting)

So I am wondering, what are folks with similar needs running out there,
whats working? No holy wars about the "best", I only want to hear about
whats working and whats easy, ok easier to use.

TIA and to happy holidays to all on the list. Your support is appreciated.

Clarence Carlson
Itinerant Philosophers of Iowa, LTD