Subject: supporting a new video card
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Hascall <steve@ezl.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/23/2000 22:54:42
I have a SuperMac Thunder II video card I'd like to get working under
X11 on NetBSD. How can I go about adding support for it? For whatever
reason it probes at video address 0xe0100000. Simply telling machdep.c
to use that address has no effect, though, and I'm not even sure why it
needs an interrupt defined for it in nubus.h, nubus.c etc. Can somone
please shed some light on this process or point me to some good
documentation on this subject? I haven't looked at the X server code,
but it shouldn't need any modification, right? Thanks.

-Steve