Subject: Permission Denied everywhere
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/22/2000 17:55:31
Hi,

My NetBSD box (1.4.2 locked up when I tried to do an rsync of the root
directory (everything) over to my linux box. I rebooted it and, though
everything works fine as root, I cannot do anything as a regular user.
When I try to login I get "No home directory /home/joe!" But this
directory _IS_ there and I can list it as root. The mode of /home is 755
and of /home/joe is 755 joe.users.

I try to su to joe as root and I get /bin/csh permission denied.

Any idea what might cause this? fsck shows no problems. /etc/password
looks fine.. I tried change my shell to no avail. The shell _IS_ in
/etc/shells... I am very confused.

Thanks,

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO
With no walls or fences on the Internet, who needs Windows or Gates?