Subject: IIci self-destructs (1.4.2)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/22/2000 12:44:30
1.4.2 running on a Mac IIci. I went to lunch, came back and found my remote
logins had hung up. When I looked on the console, in the middle of the
normal syslog crap was:

unknown OS trap 0xa000, no trap address available
panic: mrg_aline_super()
Stopped at	_Debugger+0x6:  unlk    a6
db>

The machine was totally unresponsive. Not even CTRL-OPEN APPLE-RESET would
rouse it. I had to press the reset button on the front. Now the Finder
is crashing and it won't even boot!

What happened? System uptime was about 15 hours to this point. Mac IIci,
Farallon EtherWave NuBus, 2.05GB Quantum HD, 32MB RAM, no additional hardware
and standard 1.4.2 distribution kernel. First kernel panic I've seen after
running it off and on for about a week and a half.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- Philosophy will clip an angel's wings. -- John Keats -----------------------