Subject: Re: Installing 1.5 on SE/30
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/22/2000 23:31:43
Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com> writes:

> I finally got 1.5 installed on my Performa-550 and kicked off a marathon
> package build session this morning.  If nobody else gets to it before me
> I'll be uploading m68k packages. The 1.4.2 package build took me about
> six weeks of processor time, so if I'm the only one working on them you
> can expect the last of the packages by the end of January 2001.
>
> -bob

It's long been my question but to whom is left building and uploading
pre-compiled binaries?

Mac68k machines's cpu is so slow in it's clock rate, so it'll take
much time to build binaries from sources via pkgsrc when you build
them on mac68k. i386's packages binaries always uploades soon.

---
Shigeki Uno