Subject: Re: Nubus SCSI accelerator card
To: None <scbrown@netscape.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/20/2000 09:29:09
At 3:13 Uhr +0100 20.12.2000, Stephen C. Brown wrote:
>I have acquired one of the FWB Jackhammer cards off of ebay
>and was wondering if anyone has worked on adding support
>for this into NetBSD/mac68k.

Me! Here!  =8)

>It's basically a fast, wide scsi card that seems to use the
>53c720 as the main controller chip.  Glancing around the
>source tree I see support for this chip in the Amiga area
>with the "siop2" driver code.  I'm guessing that adding
>in support would mostly be figuring out where the registers
>reside on the card's Nubus address space and then figuring
>out how to adapt the "siop2" code as needed.  Has anyone
>else attempted this yet?

It's a leetle bit more than that, unfortunately... The 53c720 uses DMA, and
we have no support so far for Nubus Masters doing DMA in mac68k. We don't
even have a bus_dma implementation.

I have based my efforts on the MI "siop" driver code from Manuel Bouyer.
The code currently probes and sets up the controller correctly, but does
not find any SCSI devices when probing the bus.

I am somewhat stuck here; the underlying question is whether the controller
has access to mainboard memory (there is 128K static RAM onboard for
controller scripts and whatever else).

Ask me for patches against -current if you are interested in details. I
haven't had time to work on it in the last month, though.

>If there are no takers, I'll probably take a stab at it myself.

Any help is welcome.  ;)

	hauke