Subject: Nubus SCSI accelerator card
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen C. Brown <scbrown@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/19/2000 18:13:58
I have acquired one of the FWB Jackhammer cards off of ebay
and was wondering if anyone has worked on adding support
for this into NetBSD/mac68k.

It's basically a fast, wide scsi card that seems to use the
53c720 as the main controller chip.  Glancing around the
source tree I see support for this chip in the Amiga area
with the "siop2" driver code.  I'm guessing that adding
in support would mostly be figuring out where the registers
reside on the card's Nubus address space and then figuring
out how to adapt the "siop2" code as needed.  Has anyone
else attempted this yet??

I reside in the SF Bay area, so if there are any developers
around here willing to take a stab, I'd be happy to loan
it out for a while.  If there are no takers, I'll probably take
a stab at it myself.

Steve Brown