Subject: Re: intvid problems with 1.5 kernels
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Chas Williams <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/19/2000 07:49:18
>Ummm...  Hmm...  You might be getting lucky doing it that way...  esp
>actually uses that space for the "(quick)" pseudo DMA transfers.  The
>fix that scott made was to actually map smaller regions in grf_obio.
>He also removed the turbo scsi stuff from grf_obio.  ;-)

it appears that esp only sets those registers and then leaves them
alone.  the problem is the bus_space_map() in esp_attach which should
only be called at boot time (or atleast it would seem that way to me)
the grfiv code does the same thing basically it maps the region sets
some registers and then unmaps it.  once the esp code is done setting
the quick flag it doesnt need to unset it?