Subject: Re: intvid problems with 1.5 kernels
To: Chas Williams <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/18/2000 16:57:48
> starting sometime back, i started having problems with the intvid0
> on my q700 being recognized.  i tracked this down to a failure of
> bus_space_map() in grfiv_match().  any ideas what might be causing
> this failure?  as a workaround i am using a nubus video board.
> i believe 1.4.3 kernels give me the same problems, while 1.4.1
> do not.  sorry, no idea about 1.4.2.

Scott traced the problems down.  grf_iv tries to map space for the DAFB
registers, but esp has already allocated one 4-byte range in the same
area, so there's a conflict and the mapping fails for grf_iv.  Scott
tracked this down and fixed it on the trunk.  If the fix hasn't been
pulled up for the 1.4.x and 1.5.x branches, it should be...

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service