Subject: RE: sysinst test (unsuccessful)
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: Roger Fischer <rogerf1@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/2000 20:17:49
>> From: 	Bob Nestor[SMTP:RNESTOR@AUGUSTMAIL.COM]
>RFischer@PanAmSat.com wrote:
>
>>Standard Apple keyboard (not extended though).
>>MouseSystems 3 button mouse (Which is recognized and I've been using
>>under NetBSD 1.4 for quite a while.
>>Centris 610 with full 040 processor.
>>Quantum Fireball 3.2GB drive.

>  I'd suggest using a standard Apple
>mouse to start with.  I do know I had problems with the A3 mouse that we
>thought had been fixed, at least it now works fine for me and a couple of
>others.  Maybe there is still a problem on fast systems like yours though.

Well Bob, you're right again.  I swapped out my MouseSystems A3 Mouse,
and sysinst booted fine.  I managed to wipe out my disk with the sysinst,
but there was nothing important on it anyway.  A lot of software I've
compiled in the past, but nothing I can't do again.

The installer didn't like the partition map currently on my disk, and
says there are all kinds of errors.  It has two sd0g partitions, and it
says that some partitions are past the edge of the disk.  I'll have to
dig up something external to boot off of so that I can have a look at
it with MacOS side tools (HD toolkit) and see if it reports the same
errors before I choose to reformat completely.  I'd like to keep my
Mac OS partitons.

Thanks,
	- rog