Subject: sysinst test (unsuccessful)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <RFischer@PanAmSat.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/2000 11:42:26
Well, I sucked up my courage, and attempted using sysinst to update my
Centris 610 (full 040) from NetBSD 1.4 to NetBSD 1.5.

I got a copy of the newest version of the booter, and put a copy of the
INSTALL kernel and put it in there with it, and fired it up.

The kernel booted, and I got through all the normal startup stuff, but
instead of getting a sysinst menu, I got a root prompt:
	# term [vt200?]    (or something thereabouts),

and that was it.  The keyboard was dead, and wouldn't take any input.  I
tried twice with the same result.  I know I booted the correct kernel
because at the start of boot messages said "INSTALL" and "1.5"

I guess it wasn't meant to be for me on this time around.

	- Roger