Subject: Re: Moving to ELF
To: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/13/2000 19:52:18
On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 nigel@ind.tansu.com.au wrote:

: > : I saw that NetBSD/mvme68k just moved to ELF binaries, is there any way that
: > : mac68k can do so soon?

: > The biggest obstacle will probably be getting the Booter to recognize and
: > properly deal with ELF kernels.
:
: 	Mail me an ELF kernel (and a pointer to some relevant
: info as to its structure), and I will add Booter support as ASAP.

Whee, that was fast!

I plan to have a mac68k reinstalled this weekend, and can probably get you
one as early as mid-next week.  Note that it won't necessarily be capable of
running an ELF userland yet, but there is COMPAT_AOUT_M68K to compensate.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/