Subject: Re: 1.5 segmentation fault, core dump, lock up ,bash
To: Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
From: Guy Santiglia <guy@santiglia.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/2000 19:52:55
Shigeki Uno wrote:

> Guy Santiglia <guy@santiglia.com> writes:
>
> > I just installed 1.5 on a quadra 610 and I'm having a few problems.
> >
> > 1.  I installed bash2 from the pkgsrc and when I try to run the bash
> > shell, I get meaningless scrolling characters, then the seg
> > fault-core dump and then I get dropped back at a locked prompt. Has
> > anyone else had the same problem?
>
> Note: I'm still running 1.4.2 because japanized libc is included in it.
>
> Did you run following command to change previous shell for bash2 after
> installing bash2 via pkgsrc?

I didn't do those commands.  I just tested bash on the command line:

# bash

Those commands below are to make the change of shell permament for the
user.   Do you think that would fix the the problem I was having.

Now I'm in the process of putting 1.4.2 back on the quadra.  1.5
didn't like my adjustable keyboard and it doesn't seem to like bash2.

   Guy