Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5 on a Quadra610
To: Cyrill , <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Pannell <johnp@positivespinmedia.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/11/2000 16:26:36
Hi Cyrill-

I just had this same problem myself.  As far as I can tell, the problem is
that the wscons device ttyE0 does not get built by default when you choose
"build devices" from the file menu in the installer program.  Being that I
was in a hurry, I didn't consult the list archives or anything, but rather
did the following...

1. In the booter program, check the box that says "single user"

2. boot

3. once you are in sh, type cd /dev

4. type ./MAKEDEV all

This creates *all* of the possible devices for your machine, including the
wscons ttyE* devices.  There are a lot of extra devices, so users with more
finesse might have a better suggestion that this.  I didn't spend much time
reading things, but went for the brute force solution once I saw what the
problem was.

5. type reboot

6. uncheck "single user" in the booter application and boot again.

Assuming you also edited the rc.conf file as per the instructions I've seen=
,
you are now good to go.  Hope this helps!

John Pannell