Subject: sysinstall for upgrades (vs. install)?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <RFischer@PanAmSat.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/11/2000 11:33:49
I've been following the previous threads regarding sysinst with great
interest.
I've got a Centris 610 (full 040) running NetBSD 1.4, and I'd like to
upgrade it
to 1.5

I read Bob Nestor's INSTALL doc which has been updated for sysinst.  It
covers
installation via sysinst, but the section on upgrading from a previous
version
is the same old one using pax.  Is that the preferred method, or has the
section
on how to upgrade using sysinst just not been written yet.

It seems that with the binary sets on my disk (/usr/download/NetBSD-1.5)
that
I could boot the install kernel and then install from there, but I don't
want to
do this on top of an old system if it's not recommended.

Thanks,
Roger