Subject: PB 170 serial ports...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: C.R. Carlson <iowadoc@micron.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/2000 09:20:26
Greetings

Anyone know if theres anything special about the PB 170's serial ports?
Got 1.4.3 up and running but can't seem to access my serial port to make
the modem go. I followed the advice of one of the how-to's and set up a
little program /etc/uucp/port to test running "cu -p modem" . It connects
but doesn't accept input (i.e. ATZ...) When I run ppp-up it tells me all
the ports are busy: obviously they can't be, I have no other processes
running.

Also as aside, I never did get 1.5 to boot completely. Tried different
kernels, even booted from the mac side, trying a single user boot, and it
always gave me the panic message and put me in the db>. 1.4.3 went in
without a hitch.

TIA. Top of the holiday season to ya...

Clarence Carlson
Itinerant Philosophers of Iowa, LTD