Subject: NAT and DSL - how to do this?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tucker <nikon@cyberport.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/08/2000 21:07:02
Hello, I have a NetBSD 1.4 machine that has two NICs.

We have a DSL line coming into our place and I'd like to hook it up the
BSD box to get my other two computers online.

I don't have the numbers with me, but lets say the ISP gave me the
following info:

IP address: 1.2.3.4 (ok, i know...i'm just making this up)
netmask: 255.255.255.252 (i remember that one)
router: 1.2.3.5 (also made up)

OK, so I plug the DSL line into one NIC on the BSD box. I plug an ethernet
cable into the other NIC and hook that up to the hub.

What do I need to do to rc.conf, hosts, ifconfig.ae(1/0), ipnat.conf, etc?

My LAN is using 192.168.2.x as its addresses, with 192.168.2.1 as the NAT
box.

Any help appreciated; extra explanation of the concepts involved here also
very appreciated :)

Chris