Subject: netatalk and remote printing woes
From: Pat Plummer <ppat@micron.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/2000 18:39:54
Since I upgraded to 1.5, I cannot get atalkd/afpd/papd to launch correctly. How
do you guys currently do it?

Also, prior to upgrade, I was able to use my BSD box as a print server using a
Stylewriter II. Now I can print locally, but can't seem to send print jobs to
it from my Linux box. It is waiting interminably for my BSD to come up even
though lpd is up and running. Suggestions? I suspect that I've forgotten to do
something really simple, but can't track it down.

Thanks for the links to the color xserver -- it's working famously.

Pat