Subject: Re: Journaling Filesystems
To: Niels S. Eliasen <nse@ruc.dk>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/05/2000 04:06:53
On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
> Just a quickie question....
>
> How about journaling filesystems on NetBSD?

You might take a look at "LFS" in NetBSD 1.5... it's a "log-structured
filesystem", but I'm not sure what that means :) I _think_ it means that
both the file data and metadata are journalled, rather than only the
metadata as in a standard journaling FS. I'm probably wrong though :)

However, LFS is still in development and is a bit buggy, especially if
you run out of disk space. (And actually, LFS was in NetBSD 1.4 too, but
it was even buggier, probably unusably so... a lot of work has been done
on it since then.)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 25 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++