Subject: Re: sysinst
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/2000 21:21:13
At 16:43 Uhr +0100 4.12.2000, Todd Vierling wrote:

>The sysinst kernels still cannot fiddle the partition map.
>
>If this isn't fixed in time for 1.5.1, I can put a MacOS-side disk
>partitioner in installation/misc and make sysinst bypass partitioning, for
>now.  (I've been holding off installing my LC III for just the purpose of
>testing out sysinst's problems.)

I like the idea.

One of my first attempts at a 1.4.2 sysinst install trashed the MacOS
partition. Taking that and my experience with i386 installations, I do not
trust sysinst, ummm, very far, when it comes to partitioning - no offense
intended.

Setting up partitions from a MacOS tool (preferably Apple's HD setup) will
most certainly remain the method of choice for me. Safer and faster that
way.

	hauke