Subject: Re: update: ttyE0 and 1.5
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: Daniel Parks <danielp@reed.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/2000 18:38:15
At 8:13 PM -0600 12/3/2000, Bob Nestor wrote:
>It should be close enough for installing 1.4x or 1.5 using sysinst.  I'm
>not sure about the handling of disk partitioning though.  However, if you
>partition your disk _before_ running sysinst you should be OK and there
>shouldn't be any problem doing a complete installation.  One thing that's
>missing is the ability to install from an HFS/HFS+ disk though, so you're
>limited to installing from CDROM, FTP or NFS.  On the plus side you'll
>find it a whole lot faster and you shouldn't see any of the pesky disk
>size, SCSI read, or Installer alloc errors.
>
>-bob

I used Bob's install doc to install 1.5BETA_2 with sysinst. sysinst
worked great for me, even for partitioning. The only problem I had
with it was that it didn't like me trying to install onto 2 hard
drives.

It was much easier than the MacOS based installer, especially because
I just told it to get the files from ftp.netbsd.org and it did it
without a hitch!

Daniel