Subject: Re: update: ttyE0 and 1.5
To: None <ppat@micron.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/2000 20:13:31
Pat Plummer wrote:

>> > Doesn't this mean that the Installer program that runs in MacOS needs to
>> > be updated to build ttyE0 by default?
>> >
>> > I had this problem, too.
>>
>> yes it does.  we would like as many people as possible to switch to the
>> sysinst-based install, tho.  that method would avoid this little problem.
>>
>> -colin
>
>Where can I read more about sysinst?

The original INSTALL documentation I wrote up on it is still avaiable on
my system.

  ftp://murphy.dyndns.org/pub/sysinst/INSTALL.*

It should be close enough for installing 1.4x or 1.5 using sysinst.  I'm
not sure about the handling of disk partitioning though.  However, if you
partition your disk _before_ running sysinst you should be OK and there
shouldn't be any problem doing a complete installation.  One thing that's
missing is the ability to install from an HFS/HFS+ disk though, so you're
limited to installing from CDROM, FTP or NFS.  On the plus side you'll
find it a whole lot faster and you shouldn't see any of the pesky disk
size, SCSI read, or Installer alloc errors.

-bob