Subject: Re: update: ttyE0 and 1.5
To: None <ppat@micron.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/2000 18:08:32
Pat Plummer wrote:

> > > Doesn't this mean that the Installer program that runs in MacOS needs to
> > > be updated to build ttyE0 by default?
> > >
> > > I had this problem, too.
> >
> > yes it does.  we would like as many people as possible to switch to the
> > sysinst-based install, tho.  that method would avoid this little problem.
> >
> > -colin
>
> Where can I read more about sysinst?

with any luck, it's in the INSTALL document.  i don't know if it made it
in there for 1.5 or not.  sysinst is the machine-independent installation
tool that is used by most netbsd ports, tho.  it's menu-driven and fairly
straight-forward to use.  it runs off of a ramdisk that is built into an
installation kernel.  it's pretty nifty on the whole.

later.

colin