Subject: Re: Hard drives on a IIci
To: <>
From: Emile Schwarz <emile.schwarz@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/2000 08:53:42
Hi all,

The last version of Drive Setup that comes with MacOS 9 (FU-9.0.4) still do not
know a non Apple FireBall 730 I have.
To format it I have to patch Drive Setup (adding a '*' suffix to the FireBall
730 entry).

Emile

PS: this is a very old sales techniques that said: "build incompatible hardware
(or software) so people must buy the solutions you sold once they start buying
from you". (See photo add-ons for example)