Subject: Sendmail.
To: 'MacBSD' <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Thompson <paul@abyss.co.nz>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/28/2000 22:03:00
Hi everyone.

I've just had "one of those afternoons". I've been using NetBSD 1.4.1
(Mac68k) as a mail server for about two years now. Unfortunately some
little snot in USA has decided to use it to relay spam for almost every
known product in the last two days. I'm sending a general email to warn
others that they could suffer the same problems if they don't tighten up
their sendmail settings.

I ended up installing 8.11.1 by compiling it and rebuilding the scripts
because the latest version in the packages was still 8.8.8. (Which is what
was included in the 1.4.1 build)

Might I suggest that 1.5 have a newer version of sendmail? and if you, like
I am, are using sendmail, make sure that the relay host is closed.

Cheers, Paul.