Subject: sane with Apple Color OneScanner?
To: port-mac68k list <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Philip Brodd <pbrodd@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/24/2000 11:47:31
Is anyone successfully using sane (1.0.3) with an Apple Color OneScanner
(scsi)?

I installed sane from pkgsrc, but I haven't been able to convince it that I
have a scsi scanner connected to my system, a Quadra 950 running 1.5_ALPHA2.

I myself am at least partially convinced that such a scanner is connected:

cat: {7} grep scanner /var/log/messages
Oct 24 02:11:34 cat /netbsd: ss0 at scsibus1 target 5 lun 0: <CANON, IX-03035B,
1.02> SCSI2 6/scanner fixed

The file /usr/X11R6/etc/sane.d/apple.conf looks like this:

scsi APPLE
/dev/scanner

so I made a symlink /de/scanner that points to /dev/ss0:

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  8 Oct 24 04:01 /dev/scanner -> /dev/ss0

I can't find anything in the docs to suggest my setup shouldn't work, so I'm
wondering if anyone can see a problem in my configuration.

Regards,

Phil Brodd