Subject: Re: kernel dies in a few hours after clean install
To: T&B <research@tandb.com.au>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/23/2000 06:56:46
T&B wrote:

>> Since the IIcx is an '030 system without an FPU and your report shows an
>> FPU Trap I wonder if you've installed a 68882 FPU or if you're using the
>> FPU emulation.
>
>According to my spec sheet here and at:
>http://support.info.apple.com/info.apple.com/applespec/applespec.taf?RID=10
>the IIcx has a 68882 FPU as standard, same as the IIci.
>
>Or am I misunderstanding your point?

Yeah, you're right. I wasn't reading my spreadsheet correctly.  The IIcx
came standard with the FPU chip.  Guess the other thing to consider is
you SCSI termination.  If that's not right you'll sometimes see some
pretty strange errrors.  I once had a disk that would work find in the
first half, but anytime NetBSD tried to do anything witht he second half
it would hang.  All the problems went away when I installated an active
terminator on it.

-bob