Subject: Re: console and RAM misbehavior
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <ays@eecs.cwru.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/2000 14:01:17
On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Amitai Schlair wrote:

> My IIci with the Oct. 7 1.5_ALPHA2 snapshot exhibits two problems that it
> didn't have in 1.4.2:
>
> 1) The standard Apple 13" monitor is connected to internal video. However,
>    if my "Mac II Portrait Video Card" is inserted, the console
>    (wsdisplay0) seems to acquire its sense of size from this card
>    (wsdisplay1). `ls' output looks funny, pagers run the first half of
>    each page off the top of the screen, and full-screen editing is
>    impossible.

This is now a PR (port-mac68k/11268).

> 2) RAM is sized incorrectly. The machine has 20MB, and Mac OS sees it all,
>    but even with "Auto-size RAM" unchecked and the correct amount
>    specified in the Booter, NetBSD only sees 16MB.

The Oct. 14 snapshot with GENERIC #60 still gets this wrong on my machine.
(RAMometer on the Mac OS says all is well with the 20MB.) Has anyone else
encountered this? Should I file a PR?

FWIW, both of these are regressions in functionality from 1.4.2, which
gracefully handled the Portrait Video Card and also detected the proper
amount of RAM.

- Amitai