Subject: Re: Questions about desktops
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/20/2000 22:38:47
I think kde is too much for these old macs.  On the lighter but not too light end
is enlightenment.  When it starts, there is virtually nothing on the screen
until you click the mouse.  They say it's easy to configure, but I mostly just
open xterm's with it.

I think linux's gnome is based on enlightenment because I
see some "enlightenment starting" message when gnome starts up.

Let's hear which on desktop you went with.

    Cheers,

        Guy