Subject: Re: RAM usage
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: J. Seth Henry <jshenry@net-noise.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/14/2000 18:14:50
MacOS sees all 40Mb of memory. (About this Macintosh shows 40Mb). The Quadra
800 is a 32bit clean system, and doesn't support 24 bit addressing that I
know of, so that's not the issue. I even manually specified 40Mb in the
booter application.

Here is a clue though:

NetBSD 1.4.1 (GENERIC) #0: Wed Aug 11 04:56:57 CDT 1999
    fredb@corwin.home:/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/GENERIC
Apple Macintosh Quadra 800  (68040)
cpu: delay factor 1024
real mem = 41943040
avail mem = 35520512
using 537 buffers containing 2199552 bytes of memory
mrg: 'Quadra/Centris ROMs' ROM glue, tracing off, debug off, silent traps
mrg: I/O map kludge for ROMs that use hardware addresses directly.
mainbus0 (root)

Thanks,
Seth Henry
jshenry@net-noise.com