Subject: Re: New snapshot
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/2000 19:22:52
Frederick Bruckman wrote:

>The pre-release directories _are_ expected to be mirrored. I agree
>with Todd Vierling that the _ALPHA &c snapshots ought to be built from
>tagged sources and assembled just like the official releases. This was
>_not_ done with 1.4.2_ALPHA, and when it came time to assemble 1.4.2,
>... let's just say "mistakes were made".

I think it's correct to place the pre-release snapshots at the release
level in the directory tree, I'd just like to see the loop closed so that
they are in fact mirrored.  It seems that if the directory is
world-readable it should be mirrored.  It certainly would make it a lot
easier for people to pick them up and use them.  I never got a response
from Todd when I asked him about this via e-mail, so I thought I'd bring
it up here in response to Steve's snapshot announcement.

Guess I'll just read up on rsync with ssh this weekend and see if I can
convert from sup, although sup has the advantage of running for people
who don't have accounts on NetBSD.

-bob