Subject: Re: New snapshot
To: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/2000 17:45:35
Space Case wrote:

>I have uploaded a new snapshot to:
>
>  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5_ALPHA2/mac68k/ ...
>
>This snapshot is based on 1.5_ALPHA2 sources of 7 Oct.

I understand the argument and reason for putting the snapshot here rather
than in the /arch tree where you've always put them in the past.  But
this directory isn't in the list of sup mirror collections like the /arch
directory, and that makes it difficult to pull down the snapshot with
anything but FTP.

Is there something other than FTP that can be used?  Is there any reason
the NetBSD-1.5_ALPHA2 directory can't be added to the mirror collection
list for sup?  If the directory is world readable why isn't it added to
the collection list?  If there's a good reason for not wanting to mirror
this directory can we just leave it in /arch?

thank,
-bob