Subject: Re: Unremovable file
To: Daniel Parks , Tod McQuillin <devin@spamcop.net>
From: Tony Mantler <nicoya@apia.dhs.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/2000 08:08:44
At 8:03 AM -0500 10/11/2000, Daniel Parks wrote:
>>Try:
>>	rm ./-*
>>	Either 'rm -- nastyfile' or 'rm ./nastyfile'.
>>	rm *something
>>	rm -- -file
>
>Oh, duh. Why didn't I think of using ./?
>I didn't know about --.
>
>Unfortunately, * seems to miss this file. I type qrm (the name of the
>c program I wrote) -<tab->nasty>* (because I have 2 files, -nastybad
>and -nastyevil) and it replies that it cannot find a file named
>-nasty*. I've also tried typing various letters then pressing tab so
>I can get a complete name, but none of the characters work.

Perhaps consider, if the directory it's in isn't too large and important,
moving everything you want to keep out of the way, then rm -rf the
enclosing dir?

Obviously doesn't work if the file is in /, but hey... :)

Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler :)

--
Tony "Nicoya" Mantler - Renaissance Nerd Extraordinaire - nicoya@apia.dhs.org
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada           --           http://nicoya.feline.pp.se/