Subject: Re: 640 x 400 displays
To: None <slumped@thekeyboard.com>
From: Emile Schwarz <emile.schwarz@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/2000 15:21:47
Hi Andy et al.,

I’m quite sure that 640 * 400 video mode was implemented for (and in) Macintosh LCIII.

OK, I test right now on a 13" Monochrome (same resolution of the 13" / 14") and
an original LC with 512 Kb of VRAM.

MacOS used: 7.5.3 standard; no special software added / no init, etc.

Result: the Monitor Control Panel let me see 256 shades of grey or colors (I
cannot see them but they are here)

If it is importat for you, I can open my magic box and take a 14" Color monitor
(remember, Apple call that monitor 14" because other people / hardware vendors
that use the same Sony monitor call their 14"...), remove the 512 Kb VRAM and
put back a 256 K VRAM; just let me know.

Emile