Subject: Re: Powerbook 190 install
To: Craig Turner <craig@recalldesign.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/2000 10:50:32
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Craig Turner wrote:

>  o what bsd shall I run (open or net - I know this is religious, I'd
> prefer openbsd because I will be using it for server duties, but I know
> compatability might be an issue and saw no mention of pb190s on the
> openbsd site)

	Many people run both NetBSD and OpenBSD servers in quite
	unfriendly environments. I wouldn't worry about that.

	In general hardware support is more active on NetBSD.

>  o can I get it to run java? (want to use servlets)

	pkgsrc/lang/kaffe apparently supports m68k.

>  o is it realistic to run java on it? (compile time, etc)

	I'd suggest not being in any real hurry :)

>  o is there a way of setting the machine up without nuking all the data on
> my existing partition? (I'm suspecting not)

	If you have a macos tool to resize partitions... yes :)

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --