Subject: Re: 512x384 displays
To: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
From: Emile Schwarz <emile.schwarz@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/07/2000 07:23:08
The Apple IIgs analog RGB display video on a IIgs was (from memory):

320 * 200 * 16 colors

But it can also be 640 * 200 * 16 colors (dithering)

also possible is to increase the color numbers to 3200 using scb (video
interrupts to change the color in the palette)

16 palettes of 16 colors.

At last, I can say, in a < 3MHz machine, we had a color Macintosh (in 1986) with
a graphic interface (pulling menus, mouse, GUI) compatible with older Apple II
software but incompatible with "current" (at that time) Macintosh software and I
think that was the true error; the other characteristics were fine (ADB for the
first time on an Apple Computer, Music Synthesizer co-processor with 16 channels
- STEREO -, etc.)

Sorry, I go OFF TOPIC here.

Emile Schwarz