Subject: Re: 512x384 displays
To: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
From: J. Seth Henry <jshenry@net-noise.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/07/2000 02:31:22
Be even more impressed - I actually have one. :) It was (and is) actually a
fairly decent monitor in terms of color purity and quality. Mine came along
with an LC as a gift. It will work on any Mac with the DB15 connector. When
I still had NetBSD/mac68k on my IIci, I used it as the console monitor - and
it ran just fine. I had no problems running any console apps (like PICO or
PINE). Of course, there isn't a lot of real estate for X, so when I sold the
IIci and got a Q800 - I had to upgrade the monitor. Now I run in 832 x 624
with 16bit color on the internal interface. Still not great, but it is
workable - and the machine's primary purpose is really to serve files via
SMB anyway...

I never tried running dt though. Since I set the display to thousands of
colors, it showed up as white on black, which is what I prefer.

Seth