Subject: Re: BSD style MacOS partitioner
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/05/2000 21:13:53
On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Bob Nestor wrote:
>
> : There's also pdisk from the MkLinux crowd, although I don't know if it's
> : license would allow this or if it would be a good choice for new users.
>
> This might work, particularly if it's *IX code that could benefit a
> switchover to sysinst, but...

I've run it under NetBSD-mac68k.  :-)  Just had to fix a bunch of header
differences and work around a bug or old version in one of NetBSD's
command-line argument processing libraries (whose name I don't recall).

> : When I was working on a new version of Mkfs I had plans of doing disk
> : partitioning and got some of the code done.  You can have that if you
> : want it.
>
> This might not, given some of the circumstances.  What Dan's really asking
> for is, since I'm trying to make the Wasabi NetBSD CD have a HFS volume (to
> make it point-and-click easy to get to the Installer and Booter programs), a
> MacOS program that could go in the same directory as those two, without
> violating Apple licenses and etc.

pdisk in all versions is freely distributable, both as source and as
binaries.  It's either GPL or BSD license, not sure which....

David

A brief Haiku:

Microsoft is bad.
It seems secure at first glance.