Subject: Re: disklabel in mac68k port.
To: Takeshi Shibagaki <ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/03/2000 18:28:52
Takeshi Shibagaki wrote:

>Hi,
>
>From: Takeshi Shibagaki <ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp>
>Subject: Re: disklabel in mac68k port.
>Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:34:54 +0900
>
>ie9t-sbgk> No,No. Mr. Nigel makes booter 1.11.5.a3 applied ATA. I have it.
>ie9t-sbgk> In the fact, a install-kernel boots from MacOS(HFS) on ATA disk.
>ie9t-sbgk> I have a good time with only ATA drive in a little while on
>ie9t-sbgk> mac68k port.
>
>I do it, but don't succeed with booting from native NetBSD partition.
>I attach the boot log, disklabel, df.

It looks to me like the disk partitioning worked for you and so did the
Booter.  The point where the system hung on you looks to be where the
kernel first tries to mount and process the BSD filesystems.  They need
to be populated with the distribution for the system to be operational.
Unfortunately you can't do this on the ATA disk with the Installer.
You'll probably have to try and get an Installation Kernel runing with
sysinst to complete the installation.  Since your disk is already
paritioned you shouldn't have any significant problems with sysinst.

good luck!
-bob