Subject: Re: printing to hp deskjet 500
To: Philip Brodd <pbrodd@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/03/2000 09:49:53
At 8:03 PM -0500 10/2/00, Philip Brodd wrote:
>An old post on this issue from the archives suggests trying to
>communicate with
>the printer via a terminal program to see if it's listening.  I'd like to try
>this, but I'm not sure how to do it.
>
>Would Minicom work for this purpose?  And would I just point it at /dev/tty01
>and start typing, or something?

I'd suggest tip.  See the man page.  Also look at the man page for /etc/remote.

As to what you type after you connect, I don't know but maybe:  some
ordinary text followed by a line feed (ctl-J) and a form feed (ctl-L,
is it?).

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.