Subject: Re: Make now working
To: Lee Reynolds <leebreynolds@yahoo.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/02/2000 13:35:10
At 3:45 AM -0700 9/30/00, Lee Reynolds wrote:
>I've got a question for all the Mac hardware gurus
>here.  What are my options as far as putting in a
>larger hard drive?  I've heard that some mac models
>will only work with specific apple sanctioned drives.
>Is this true and if so was the Classic II such a
>system?  Also if I were to buy a current SCSI drive
>with the 80 pin high density connector and use a 50
>pin adapter on it, is it likely to work in this
>system?

Generally speaking if you have a 50-pin narrow scsi interface it
should work in some fashion on any 68k Mac.  There could be issues as
far as interface speed and so forth, but it should work.

That said I tried putting a 1GB Apple-label Seagate with internal
termination inside a IIcx and it would not work.  The drive works
fine when I test it in an external Sun case on a SPARC 5 though.  No
idea what the problem is.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.