Subject: Re: Quadra 840AV hardware question
To: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
From: Mark R. Nathan <mark@nathan.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/30/2000 14:20:29
On 9/30/00, Riccardo Mottola wanted to tell me:
>bytw. i don't recall that slot at all! i filled 4 RAM and 4 VRAM slots, i
>though of having filled the baby up!

I believe the slot you are referring to is a Video accelerator slot
for digitizing faster (I believe something close to that at least).
Avid, in conjunction with Apple, made this add on option for the AV
macs.  This includes PPC 8600, 8500, and others which came as a AV
model.

I asked the same question about my 8600 AV which had this unusual slot.

Note that this look more like a slot then a terminal for a ram chip.

Is that the same thing you have seen?

I r

    Mark R. Nathan                        http://www.miraboomusic.com
    Miraboo Group                   mailto:president@miraboomusic.com