Subject: Re: Quadra 840AV hardware question
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/30/2000 23:11:23
on 9/30/00 8:40 PM, David A. Gatwood at dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org
wrote:

>> Maybe it's system cache?
>
> Two megs worth?  Not very likely.  Especially not with Apple's brand name.
> Seems like it has to be either video RAM or system RAM in one form or
> another. It might have to do with the video input on the AV side or some
> such.

not that I know of.
i have a 840AV. there are 4 possible VRAM slots, which I occupied bringing
the macine to 2 MB VRAM. originally it has 1MB.

[OFF TOPIC: someone knows why this gives me in millions of colors some
artifacts in the bitmap display, on icon surrounding, some custiom sliders
with a picture background. like there was some alpha channel not working]

the VRAM is shared with the video.

it could be cache, but I didn't know the quadra accepted cache.

bytw. i don't recall that slot at all! i filled 4 RAM and 4 VRAM slots, i
though of having filled the baby up!

ric