Subject: Make now working
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Lee Reynolds <leebreynolds@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/30/2000 03:45:55
Appearently I somehow deleted the file sys.mk which is
not created from a link to bsd.sys.mk.  Reinstalling
base.tgz solved this problem and make now works.

I must have deleted the sys.mk file while I was
messing around with only moving parts of /usr to the
zip drive and creating soft links to them.  I thought
I'd straightened all that out, but I guess I hadn't.

I was able to compile and run the byte unix
benchmarks.  They're running VERY slowly, but it is
working.  Even the floating point tests didn't crash,
which is encouraging.

I've got a question for all the Mac hardware gurus
here.  What are my options as far as putting in a
larger hard drive?  I've heard that some mac models
will only work with specific apple sanctioned drives.
Is this true and if so was the Classic II such a
system?  Also if I were to buy a current SCSI drive
with the 80 pin high density connector and use a 50
pin adapter on it, is it likely to work in this
system?

Lee Reynolds