Subject: Feedback for developers and other users of 1.5
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Lee Reynolds <leebreynolds@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/29/2000 05:20:50
I've got the latest snapshot of 1.5 running on my Mac
Classic II now and here are the things I've been doing
and what I've encountered.

As everyone here probably already knows, the MacOS
based install program doesn't create some of the
needed devices, most notably ttyE0.  A couple of
people told me I needed to run 'sh MAKEDEV ttyE0' in
the /dev directory.  I did this and the system booted
up just fine.

The FPU emulation still seems to have some problems,
programs such as top and systat both cause a kernel
panic in the fpu emulation code.

I've been able to make use of my zip drive, creating a
ffs filesystem on it which I now have mounted as /usr.
 I then installed comp.tgz.  Gcc works, but make fails
with the message "no system rules (sys.mk)."  Not sure
what that is about yet.  I probably need to install
another package

Anyway that is whats going on with my system.  Overall
everything has run great except for FPU dependent apps
and Make.

Lee Reynolds