Subject: Re: Problems with NetBSD 1.4.2 and a Mac IIci
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/2000 18:30:48
Henry B. Hotz wrote:

>At 9:19 AM +0200 9/27/00, R=E9mi Zara wrote:
>>I just installed NetBSD 1.4.2 on my Mac IIci.
>>All went fine, and I was able to boot very easyly.
>>I installed all the sets (X also).
>>The problem came when I wanted to change my keyboard layout to a french o=
ne.
>>As I read in FAQs, I tried the wscons thing.
>>But
>> - there were no ttyE{1-3} to turn on in my ttys file
>> - the wsconsctl binary is there but fails because wskbd isn't.
>
>Is wscons in 1.4 on the Mac?  I'm not sure you don't need to go to
>1.5 to get it.

No it isn't, and it's not in 1.4.2 either that I can remember.  It is in
1.5 and -current though.  This is causing some problems for people doing
upgrades from 1.4x to 1.5 or -current if they don't hand edit the files
in /etc and build the necessary devices in /dev.  Somehow we need to get
the information out to folks trying to do this, however it seems that
postings and private e-mail isn't getting the job done right now.  :-(

-bob