Subject: Re: Problems with NetBSD 1.4.2 and a Mac IIci
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
From: J. Seth Henry <jshenry@net-noise.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/2000 09:02:51
I'm not sure about your problem with wscons, but you might check and see if
you are executing anything in your .xinitrc. I'm not sure, but I believe if
you don't exec anything, X will hang (sort of) with the gray screen.
Add in a line at the end like "exec xterm" or whatever other program you
like (preferably your window manager). When the first program you 'exec'
terminates, so will X.

As for killing X once it starts and hangs at the gray screen, I haven't
found a way other than telneting in (or connecting via a serial console) and
terminating the process. You may be able to hit the debugging button and
kill the process, but I haven't had a great deal of luck with that method.
Anyone want to clear up how to kill processes using the debugger?

Seth Henry
jshenry@net-noise.com